The construction of the municipal electric power station began in Stanislav (Ivano- Frankivsk) in spring 1928. It was the first step to the construction of the public joint-stock company’s “Prykarpattyaoblenergo” predecessor. It was regional electric power supplying company.
In August 16, 1930 Stanislav electric power station produced the first industrial current and began to work stably. Electric power station was Diesel and had the total power 1008 kw-hr. Later, before the war, its power increased to 3008 kw due to the installation of the steam turbines.
To the end of 1931 the quantity of the customers of Stanislav electric power station was 4000.
The development of power industry in the region was stopped by the World War II. The German soldiers dismantled and took to the Germany nearly 70 % of the equipment of Stanislav electric power station. During the battles hundreds of the cable lines of electricity transmission were destroyed.
There were reconstructions and constructions of new objects after the war. The result of all work was the increasing of the electric power Stanislav station’s power at the beginning of 60. This increasing was in five times.
In 1973 the electric power station stopped its activity as independent enterprise. It was attached as a shop to the Ivano-Frankivsk enterprise of electric power net. In five years in 1978 these two structures combined with the regional enterprise of the village electric power net, and the enterprise was named “REGIONAL ENTERPRISE OF ELECTRIC POWER NETS”. It existed with this name up to 1995.
According to the President of Ukraine decree the enterprise had become corporative and had begun to work as STATE JOINT-STOCK ELECTRICITY SUPPLYING COMPANY (SJSEC) “Prykarpattyaoblenergo”.
In two years according to the state plan of privatization of electric power objects the privatization of the company had begun; and in September 1998 the public joint-stock company “Prykarpattyaoblenergo” had been set at the constituent assembly of the company.
In 2001 the elaboration of new company’s style, logotype and corporative color spectrum were accomplished.
In August, 2002 the chapel “God’s Mother Patronage” was blessed. It was constructed at the expense of company’s workers and administration (donations).
In 2002 the people’s football club “Uragan” and the football team with the same name were established.
According to the decision of Observation Counsel Oleksandr Buben has been appointed Chairman of the Board of the public joint-stock company “Prykarpattyaoblenergo” in the same year.
In 2005 the company’s mission was elaborated.
Today the public joint-stock company “Prykarpattyaoblenergo” is one of five best regional electric energy production companies according to the Energy Market calculation; each year the exponents of bill payable and bill receivable come down. The company is profitable; it always develops and troubles about the prosperity of its workers and customers.